Thursday, July 9, 2026

Marvel Movie Reviews w/ Rambo - Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

 

Comedic relief. On point soundtrack. Characters who have chemistry even when they don't. Action-packed scenes from start to finish. What more could you ask for? Okay, so maybe it isn't quite action-packed from start to finish, but the amount of slow scenes that aren't still keeping you entertained is practically zero because if there isn't a fight scene going on, there is some type of comedic relief keeping you laughing as the characters work toward their next fighting scene. And honestly, the retro feeling soundtrack is everything you need to know.

!!! SPOILERS BELOW !!!

  • Why did that guy have to go and interrupt her talking about his daddy? Is he not allowed to know about him?
  • I'm sure its just because he is sad to be losing his mom but why can't he just take her hand and show her some love?
  • I forgot he was taken as a boy and not as an adult...
  • Was this Marvels way at competing with Star Wars? Why do most space movies look the same... is it just me?
  • Isn't James Gunn the new DC universe guy? Why is his name in the Marvel universe with Guardians of the galaxy?
  • Chris Pratt is such a fun actor.
  • Does he make his own gadgets or did he buy them from somewhere?
  • Y'know him working through this system to steal a relic by replacing it with a fake is very Indiana Jones like.
  • He really thought these guys were going to know his criminal name lol.
  • Yeah, this definitely gives off Star Wars Rebels vibes.
  • Wait, who is this pink lady in his ship?
  • I know now that his last name is meant to be Quill but I usually here them saying Will instead.
  • I think it is too late for you to still be complaining about how y'all should've turned him in when you captured him.
  • How much body paint do you think they used in the making of this movie?
  • Also, how come Humans are very rarely actually part of any type of Galactic Council?
  • Again, did not realize Thanos gets mentioned this early on in the universe... I should pay more attention.
  • Is there any color skin that doesn't exist in this universe?
  • I love how most people are still just wandering around like this is a daily occurrence for them.
  • WAIT! WRECK IT RALPH IS IN HERE?!?
  • He really said I'm gonna die for my music player.
  • Groot straight up gave that guy a lybotemy.
  • Nobody noticed Groot taking the battery besides Drax.
  • Somebody should teach Groot to quickly grow his roots into a dense shield to protect himself... Oh, never mind, he knows how to do that.
  • How is Rocket handling that weapon with one hand?
  • Dude, I think there are more important things to worry about than the fact that Starlord stole a leg.
  • Their ragtag group started coming together very quickly, almost too quickly.
  • The fact that Starlord paid for the leg instead of just stealing it is crazy. Goodie two-shoe.
  • Was anti-gravity really the answer?
  • With the broken window, I don't think you'll last very long in space...
  • I always did love his little whistle pen.
  • Use her elbows? For what?
  • So Gamora is his favorite daughter, but she doesn't even consider him her father because he kidnapped and abused her.
  • I love the subtle lines in Gamora's face that show her cheek bones and such.
  • How do you almost drop it like that?!?
  • Aww, Groot essentially said I gotta save my bestie and ran lol.
  • And, now that they don't have a common purpose with a similar agreement, they are all on their own. Goodie.
  • They have more siblings than the 2 of them?
  • Poor Drax.
  • Aww, he really loves her; sacrificing himself to the guy.
  • Good thing Groot got left behind.
  • Sometimes I wish we would've gotten some captioning of what the I am Groot means because while yes Rocket gives us a rendition, I wanna hear exactly how Groot meant it.
  • And here we are hearing about yet another infinity stone. Was I the only idiot who didn't catch on to any of this?
  • Didn't explicitly mention she is his daughter though... although it's not Ronin's daughter, it's Thanos' daughter, huh? And even then, she isn't that.
  • So... if they are going to get back the infinity stone and turn it over to people who can contain it, how does Thanos end up getting it?
  • They really do mention the Infinity Stone a lot in this movie. I must've been so oblivious to everything.
  • She flinched.
  • That forward thrust really isn't moving you much.
  • I don't think that is how you are meant to fly a ship but okay.
  • It's pretty cool that the little ships can all lock together to form a grid and slow down the big ship.
  • Where inside of him does Groot just keep these bugs and how are they still alive??
  • HE DIDN'T SAY I AM GROOT THAT TIME!
  • He took them all out before a single one could fall to the ground, wild.
  • I finally realized what the blue and orange colors on the ship made me think of, Ashoka from Star Wars.
  • And yet she still would not let her sister die if she could help it.
  • So Starlord's helmet thing, is it an earwig that expands? How does that technology work? Is it a headband that wraps around the back of his head and we just can't see it?
  • GROOT DIED IN THE FIRST MOVIE?!?
  • How do I watch so many things and forget all about them again?
  • He has another word in his vocabulary! He said We!!!
  • So literally the Villain is the one who made them a team and gave them a title.
  • Why does he seem so sad?
  • So how can Thanos handle the stones by himself if it takes all of them to handle one?
  • He totally switched out the orbs.
  • I do not like the outfit Gamora has on in this final scene.
  • It's cute that he kept the present this entire time. And funny how it's a new mixtape for him that hints at a sequel. But also, that was a big box for a cassette.
  • So does Baby Groot retain all of his memories from the big Groot? Also, did they actually know that the stick would turn into a new Groot, or did they just hope? Did all of the sticks turn into new Groots? Is there just gonna be an army of them running around that planet now?
  • Why doesn't Baby Groot dance when Drax is looking? I know there are fan theories on that...
  • SPACE ASTRONAUT PUPPY!!!
  • Howard the Duck?

No comments:

Post a Comment