Hello and welcome to the seventh installment of my game reviews. I really hope you have enjoyed these games if you have played them, and about 90% of them should be free on Steam, so this should be very inclusive to Steam gamers. Eventually, I will review some games on epic but for now, I have a lot in my Steam library that I have tried and want to share my thoughts and feelings with you.
Palia - Such a cozy game! You can explore, play games, and develop the storyline. Interact with the characters and give them gifts to level up your friendship with them. You can run around and catch bugs either to keep or sell, make furniture on your plot, hunt the animals in the various locations, mine rocks to find precious gems, and a whole lot more. There is a lot to this game, but not in a way that I would say is overwhelming. I will say it may be overwhelming to catch up with the storyline, especially if you have a friend who has finished it all, but don't worry, you can play at your own speed. It has a wonderful community, and most of the people I have come into contact with have been so lovely. They brought in a new area called the elderwood. If you have motion sickness, you may struggle exploring this area, as I struggle with it, but it might just be a me thing. 4/5
Dung Beetle Adventure - This is a very cozy game, and I don't want to give too many spoilers if others would like to try it, but I got to the last puzzle and had to consult a guide. I only check Steam guides if I am really stuck. The last puzzle needs you to click something so it lights up, and then you can reach the thing your beetle has been asking for since the start of the game. I really could not figure out what I had missed throughout the game in order for it not to just light up at a click. It's a very cozy little game, probably a one-and-done if you are going to try it. I probably will go back and try to figure out what I had missed previously, but for now, I am taking some time away from that one. I might watch someone else play it and see what the difference is. 3.5/5
Placid Plastic Duck Simulator - This game is so chill, I actually fell asleep playing, or more watching what was going to spawn next. There are a lot of dlc's for this game. I would wait for them to be on sale, so it isn't a huge cost when you do choose to buy them. 48 achievements to get, but you may want it running in the background, or if you have multiple screens, you may want it off to the side so you can enjoy it, but do something else at the same time.41 Achievements to get as you progress through the game. 4.5/5
Lost In Random: The Eternal Die - If you want to roll dice and battle one, this is the game for you. There are really cool power-up type things, basically, you pull cards and get through a maze to reach the boss fight. I didn't do terribly well with this one, but the characters you meet along the way are cool, and you don't have to voice said characters yourself. I will be going back to this game eventually because I would love to know what the rest of the storyline is. 3.5/5
Three out of four of these I would call cozy games so if you want a chill day/ night of gaming these could be a good fit for you to try, Lost In Random is not something I would call a cozy game but there aren't too many of these style games that I have tried and it was rather irritating dying in the same few places for a while but once you work out what went well it feels really rewarding. Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you have a great weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment