I've seen many clips of this show online over the years, and while it may not always be completely accurate in terms of how the first responders are actually allowed to behave and react, it is nice to think that there are little nuances that folks have learned from shows like this and have adopted into actual things in modern society. Things like first responders using food deliveries in hostage situations to learn about the environment; that was not a thing commonly used and really it can still be problematic because not every dispatcher will use the same symbolisms, but that doesn't mean it has not been useful and saved some lives.
!!! SPOILERS BELOW !!!
Episode 1:
- I know it's scary to think a teenager had a secret pregnancy or a pregnancy that they were forced into, but who seriously thinks about flushing the baby down a toilet??? And how in the world did the baby not end up with some serious disconfiguration of the bones from it?!?
- Aww proby is so cute thinking that he has to stay with the victim. Can you imagine them staying with every victim they saved? They would never end up out on all the calls.
- Why does it seem like there are always issues between the cops and firefighters/paramedics? I know the communities tend to love firefighters more but they should both have the commonwealth in mind with their actions.
- I do like that we get to see all sides of the emergency calls rather than just fire or police, we get to see both of them but also the actual dispatch call coming in.
Episode 2:
- Y'know, there's a reason why rides have restrictions on height and weight; when you don't follow those restrictions, you end up having things like people who bump their head and safety bars that don't lock properly in place.
- It's amazing what finding the right person to take something off your plate can do for your sanity.
- Sometimes you wonder why some people aren't therapists; they are such good listeners and know just what to say to calm folks down.
- I'm gonna be honest, for the longest time, I didn't think that the first responders could actually get phone numbers from the dispatch calls received. Otherwise, why bother telling people they could remain anonymous? You can track their number to an owner and even a location.
- I know we can never truly understand what is going through somebody else's head and know why they do things without them telling us, but what really makes somebody want to take their own life? Why can you be set off by your own fears? Why does somebody else being gay mean you need to end your life?
Episode 3:
- Why don't people know how to properly anchor down blowups?
- EXCUSE ME, BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO PUT ANOTHER CALL IN BETWEEN THE WAY THE EPISODE BEFORE ENDED AND ITS CONCLUSION?
- You would think that people who live their lives and make a career out of people doing dumb stuff would know not to do that dumb stuff themselves.
- I would never have thought to transport him in the car that he is in to the hospital. I would've wanted to cut the rebar right there at the scene.
- I know my dad would do anything for me if something happened to me just as that cop mom is about to do for her daughter, but she's gonna end up doing more harm if she doesn't go about it through the proper channels.
Episode 4:
- What is so special about being part of the Mile High Club? Also, how do you even squeeze two people into one of those bathrooms??
- I don't know if I could ever go onto a sinking plane to try and rescue people; that's a big ask.
- "I don't think I have enough tears for all of them". I don't think I have ever heard a truer statement than that.
- I wonder if the hired help for mom knows what the daughter does for a living.
Episode 5:
- The wedding group falling through the floor made me think of the episode of Station 19 where the firefighters' ball falls through the hotel floor.
- You know, they tell you not to meet up with the strangers you meet on the internet unless it's in a public space, but what about when you're a first responder and meet your dispatcher for the first time? lol
- Apparently, Target sells brains now guys.
- WAIT. THERES SOMEBODY FROM THE STATION 19 SHOW HERE!!!
Episode 6:
- Did he really think it was a good idea to propose after faking a life-or-death situation?
- I love that the lover boy firefighter proby is giving the dispatcher play by plays of the call she took, so she knows how it ends lol
- Does anyone else feel like the dispatcher lady could be old enough to be Proby's mom?
- Don't get me wrong, I am a planner too, and I have an image in my head of how I would like things to play out sometimes, but that is not how life works. It's not how relationships work, nor is it how they should work. Sometimes you want to have some spontaneous things happen, and that's what helps keep the relationship and the romance alive.
- Not gonna lie, the cop rushing the organ to the hospital is pretty cool, especially her speeding backwards through the small emergency area to get onto the other side of the highway.
- Why didn't the cop call for backup when she first saw the blood in the bathroom? Why did she insist on searching the apartment by herself?
- I never understood why dispatchers tell folks to speak up because they are "whispering"... what if the whisper is because somebody else is listening or because they have been so injured that they can not muster the energy.
- Not once did this cop think to hit the distress button on her radio that would send more officers to her aid.
- I sure hope the Captain isn't trying to pouch the Proby's girl from him lol
Episode 7:
- Don't get me wrong, I know the full moon brings some crazies out; but this episode was full of super crazies. AND A ZOMBIE
- Do all dispatchers care this much?
- Why do people ALWAYS ruin a good thing!
Episode 8:
- I love some good old-fashioned irony in the form of payback.
- Y'know what else is nice? Karma; stealing packages, and twisting your ankle trying to run away with one.
- ...This episode is literally called "Karma is a B" ... how did I not notice that from the beginning?
- Did y'all know cola could eat away at blood stains? I didn't, and I don't know if I fully believe it, but I may have to try it lol
Episode 9:
- I know that garbage trucks are loud, but did the guy really need noise-cancelling headphones on? He almost cost somebody his life.
- Wow. They survive an elevator crash/almost drowning and the mom's reaction is to kick the kid out of the house because she realized she cant stand to deal with him anymore. Crazy, makes you wonder if the mom and dad did actually get divorced because of the kid lol
- I've heard of hoarder houses, heck, I have even helped a friend clean one out, but a hoarder house with boobey traps?!
Episode 10:
- This episode was very much filled with self-growth and realizations.
- Wait, I have heard of Narcolepsy, but there's something else you can have with it that makes it so that people think you are dead when you collapse? And you don't want people to know you have those conditions? WHY??!
- Somebody had to have stolen Proby's identity and is posing as him on that firefighters' love site.
- Wow, that man stayed alive that long with his body literally torn in half?
- That's why we get a new dispatcher. She goes traveling overseas! She doesn't stay traveling, though, does she?
- Aww. That's cute that the fire captain and the cop lady went on a date.
No comments:
Post a Comment